Sunday, March 22, 2009

Flower Power

At the Dallas Arboretum...our happy family!

Stopping to smell the flowers!
Come on, Grams and Mom!


I'm not so sure about this "barefoot on the grass" thing!

Spring Break has finally come to a close...a bit to early, but we all knew it would happen! What an awesome week we had. The first part was spent with family in West and Stephenville, where Em finally got to meet cousin Ella (http://missellajane.blogspot.com/), who is nearly 3 months old- so cute! We also got spoiled by KK and Gramps! Friday, we met up with BFF Mak, Cat, and Jacob, and some of their friends for pizza, wings, and adult beverages (milk for the kiddies, just to clarify!). They had tons of fun, as did the grown ups!

Em had a slumber party with Grams last night. Which meant that mom and dad had a whole night to themselves. So, what did we do for date night? That's right...we cleaned out flower beds! Nothing says romance like a hedge trimmer and new mulch! However, the yard does look good.

We continued our garden-themed weekend at the Dallas Arboretum today. Gram's has a dress that she wore when she was Emily's age, so we took her to the arboretum to get some pictures of her in it. She wasn't exactly in a "posing" mood- too much going on. But, they turned out pretty cute anyway. We finished the day by going to eat Babe's chicken...yum! Needless to say, tonight was an "early to bed" night for Miss Em.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

yay for new post!! and the pics are so cute! love the dress and the pearls!

amy said...

What a cutie! We call my parents Gram and Gramps : )

Yomaida said...

Hey you! I'm adding you to my blog roll..if that's okay. You have the sweetest pictures on here! I look forward to following and reading MORE posts. See you soon for our playdate!!!! :-) Yomaida

ps Your welcome to add mine to yours and be a follower on mine...I pretend I'm popular. lol

Yomaida said...

Hey you! Cute pictures on here. I look forward to followin your blog. I'm going to add it to my blog roll...if that's okay AND your welcome to add mine! See you soon at our playdate!

ps. be a follower on mine....I like to pretend I'm popular. lol

Yomaida said...

Hey you! Cute pics. I'm adding you to my blog roll...if that's okay. You can add mine to yours. Be a follower please...on mine. I like to pretend I'm popular.lol

See you soon at playgroup. Can't wait!

Yomaida said...

Now!!!! Apparrently I have missed that my comment must be approved, so you are going to get like 3 or 4 very similar comments from me! Call me a DORK!

I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on!